Pages

Sunday 3 July 2011

Abbey´s Birthday - El cumpleaños de Abbey




Last Saturday we celebrated Abbey´s first Birthday in Wexford. It was a small party with the family, granny & grandpa, her aunties, uncles and cousins. And also Ana, my friend, who helped me with the preparations and without her help I would not have finished with the food in time!
As expected there was too much food...but it was nice. I cooked lasagna as the main course, but we had some spanish apetizers: potatoes omelette (tortilla de patata typical spanish), a warm salad with nuts, raisins and a reduction of balsamic Modena´s vinegar, some bread sticks very typical from my home town, with rosemary and seeds (Big thank you to Ada from the blog Flores de Colores for the recipe!!! soooo good!!!!)a plank with assorted cheese and spanish meat (the cured spanish ham and salami), assorted wraps: with mozzarella and dried tomatoes, with chicken, with tuna and sweetcorn...Some pesto olives. And the sweets: sandwiches with Nocilla (that is a cacao cream that reminds me so much to my birthdays when I was a child!), jellies, chocolates, and of course, the Birthday Cake.
Este sábado pasado celebramos en Wexford el primer cumpleaños de Abbey, mi hija. 
Fue una fiesta pequeña, familiar, con sus abuelos, sus tías, sus tíos, sus primos, y mi amiga Ana, que me ayudó con los preparativos y, sin su ayuda, me hubiera pillado el toro! 
Como era de esperar sobró de todo...pero estuvo bien. Hice lasagna como plato fuerte, y un picoteo muy español: tortilla de patata, una ensalada con frutos secos y pasas con reducción de vinagre de módena (o aceto balsámico), unas rosquilletas caseras con semillas, pipas, y romero (Gracias a Ada del blog Flores de colores por la receta! buenisísimas!!!), una tablita de quesos, una de embutidos con su salchichón y su jamón serrano, unos wraps variados: con mozzarella y tomates secos, con pollo, con atún y maiz...Unas olivas al pesto. Y ya, los dulces: sandwiches de Nocilla (que aún he desayunado esta mañana!!), cupcakes de colores, gominolas varias y chocolate, y, como no, la tarta de cumpleaños.




-


Abbey, apart from the easy dancing (turn on the radio and her hips cannot be quiet!) that got surely from her mom, she loves dogs, like myself too. Her daddy did not agree with having a puppy in the family (yet), so I ordered a little chocolate puppy as the Birthday cake, yummy! I have to say that Lucy, my niece, who is 2 and half now, almost cries when she saw the big knife and myself cutting the little spot puppy...but we had to eat it!!
The weather was beautiful this weekend, and when we finished with the food, we all went outside. We played with the balloons, and also Lucy´s favourite activity lately is calling the horses, even though she cannot whistle. So I ended whistling like mad, like if I was in a rock concert in the early 90´s,  with my index and thumb, in the precense of my surprised mother in law, that, probably realised that I am not as lady as she thought!

Abbey, además de ser de baile fácil, que lo ha sacado de mí, adora los perros, como yo. Su padre de momento sigue en sus trece y no tenemos perrito, pero le encargué uno de chocolate, que nos hizo de tarta, y estaba buenísimo! Tengo que decir que Lucy, mi sobrina, que tiene dos años y medio, casi llora cuando me vió con el cuchillo cortando la tarta...pero había que comérsela!!
En Wexford ha hecho un tiempo estupendo este fín de semana, y cuando terminamos de comer salimos al jardín a jugar con los globos y a llamar a los caballos, que es lo que más le gusta a Lucy en el mundo mundial, aunque no sabe silbar. Al final acabé yo con pulgar e índice silbando a lo concierto de los Suaves de principios de los 90, ante el asombro de mi suegra, que, hasta el Sábado, pensaba que yo era una señorita :-). Una señorita que silba como una camionera.




I got my own way regarding Abbey´s dress, about one month ago or so I bought her a tutu for her party. My husband thinks that a tutu is knacker´s, more suitable for a big fat wedding style, but man...on a year old baby girl and that sweet little face I would have eaten her!!!
As everything enjoyable activity,  it involved time and preparation, and it was so worth it. We had a great family day and that same night I found myself thinking if, maybe, trying to make some time in our agendas and rolling out the red carpet, maybe we could give Abbey a little brother or sister...On Sunday morning I realized how swine is red wine, and thank god it was only a thought. Note to my husband: Paul, if you read this, blame Chile Concha y Toro red wine, and do not mind it.
Happy Birthday Little Pony!

Me salí con la mía en cuanto al vestuario, y hace un mes o así, le compré a Abbey un tutú para su fiesta. Mi marido cree que es de macarras, que lo del tutú es más propio de boda gitana, pero chica...con un añito y esa carita de pastel pantera rosa estaba para comérsela!!!
Como todo lo que se disfruta llevó su preparación, y valió la pena. Pasamos una tarde-noche estupenda, en familia, y esa misma noche me encontré pensando si, a lo mejor, haciendo un huequecito en la agenda y tirando la casa por la ventana podríamos pensar en un hermanito, o ita para Abbey...El domingo por la mañana me dí cuenta de lo malo que es el vino, y menos mal que fué sólo un pensamiento. Nota para mi marido: Paul, si lees ésto, fué el Concha y Toro chileno, que tiene mucha maldad, no me lo tengas en cuenta.
Feliz Cumpleaños ratita!!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahora si!!! me alegro que fuera fenomenal !!! y que la princesita disfrutara!!! una beso guapa!

Limara said...

que monada de niña tienes Ana, por cierto esa tortilla de patata es muy a la española ehh jejeje. Un besito!! Muy bueno tu blog.